Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Speed Streets












During race week a chunk of uptown gets closed off and vendors set up tons of displays. There are also 3 stages where singers perform. They had Gary Allen, Kelly Pickler, and Travis Tritt to name a few. I was a little hesitant about taking the kids by myself, but I knew it would be alot of fun. I decided to head out as soon as school was over Friday. Armed with my maps and a tip on a safe parking garage, we went. The parking garage was easy to find and I got a spot right away. It was a bit of a walk to the event, but not bad. Things were busy, but calm when we got there. We walked up and down the streets collecting all kinds of goodies. There were so many free samples, some people had carts to tote everything they got! We played some race simulators, had our photos taken, played kids games, got some drivers' autographs, walked, walked and walked. We hung out at the broadcast of Trackside live, then got a bite to eat. It was getting dark and the streets got so crowded you couldn't move. People were getting rowdy, so it was time for us to go! The walk back to the parking garage was longer than I'd have liked, but we made it safely. The attendants had left, so even the parking ended up free. I got on the freeway on my first try (never happened before), so that was good. Sam was gone so after packing in all the loot, the kiddos crashed with me for the night. =)








1 comment:

Becky ♥ said...

What a fun night! I have been to that before and it was such a fun atmosphere. The kids look like they had a great time. I love that you take them to stuff like this all the time, you are creating wonderful memories for them :)

oh, and I love Emily's hair..it is getting so long!