Tuesday, May 13, 2008

It's Official

My wonderfully talented and intelligent husband has accepted the position of Truck Chief on the #2 team with driver Jack Sprauge at Kevin Harvick, Incorporated!



His duties begin today in preparation for the North Carolina Lottery 200 at Lowe's Motor Speedway on Friday! The NCTS has 7 consecutive races scheduled, so Sam won't have a weekend off until July, yikes. KHI is located in Kernersville, NC which is 80 miles NE of here. The kids have 3 weeks left of school, so we will definitely stay here at least that long. The only other shop in the Triad area (Winston-Salem, High Point, Greensboro) is Richard Childress Racing. Knowing how often people change teams in this industry, I'm hesitant to pack up everything and move up there. On the other hand, gas prices are terrible to be commuting that far. One good thing is that there is still a lake nearby and large lots are easier to come by. I've already started researcing the area and am figuring out the best schools. I'll have to make some road trips up there soon to check it out.

I am very excited for and proud of my man. Congrats babe!

3 comments:

Thompson Family said...

WAHOO!!! You knew it was just a matter of time, we are so excited for you guys!

Love you all and can't wait to see Sam shine.

Becky ♥ said...

CONGRATS!! That is so awesome! I wish you guys the best!

TriCity Roebucks said...

Yeah baby!
I just heard the news. Won't be long and I will be watching my bro on SPEED doing interviews. I know your team will do well with the Sammer doo in charge... Take care and give me a ring when you get a chance. Love ya, Your old bro, Chipster...