Saturday, February 23, 2008

California Rest In Peace


Sam sounded a little bit discouraged this morning. Tire problems kept them from getting good practice times on Thursday. Yesterday was long and boring with nothing to do while it rained. This morning he get a call that they are short 2 over-the-wall guys (he hires guys from Nationwide/Sprint teams to do their pit stops). Due to not qualifying or having owner's points from last year Scott will have to start the truck 31st. All typical kind of stuff I reminded him. "You're only defeated when you admit defeat" I told him "never give up".
I think exhaustion has alot to do with it. I tried to get him out of the shop early on Tuesday, but no luck. The guy is working 12-16 hour days 7 days a week! Sam says it would be nice to have some time off, but there is too much to do. He is working so hard to keep this team going and make it competitive. Have I mentioned I'm proud of him? =)
He did say he had a nice dinner and some fun at a go kart track last night, so that was good to hear him laugh about!
The race will be on soon, so tune into fox at 12:00 (ET) to cheer him and the 29 team on!

**********Well, that could have turned out better, but it also could have been alot worse. I hope the guys can say RIP to California Speedway, keep their chins up and get 'em in Atlanta.**********


On another subject, I'm chipping away at the to-do list below, yea!

No comments: