Friday, February 1, 2008

Sick Kiddos











I thought that we had avoided most of the winter germs. Other than a stuffy nose here and there, we have all been pretty healthy since moving here. But last Friday it hit. That evening Blake was complaining of a headache. The next day he had a raging fever and said he had woken up feeling "woozy" in the middle of the night. The fever lowered, but lasted through Monday. He had a headache the whole time too. Add in a sore throat and a nasty cough, and you've got yourself three days out of school. I finally got him back on Thursday. I had so many errands to run after being stuck home the past 5 days. I looked at a few houses in Mooresville and was just pulling into the Best Buy parking lot to research a new printer when my cell phone rang. It was the school calling to say that Emily was in the health room complaining of a tummy ache. Accck! When I got there she looked terrible and she went straight to bed when we got home. She was sick to her stomach a few times, but thankfully is feeling much better today. I had pre-ordered tickets to the Hannah Montana 3-D Concert Movie for 3pm today. Hopefully they can exchange them for another day, because she's not quite up to that yet. She is, however, hollering at me right now for some applesauce!
Here's hoping that you anf your families are all feeling well and staying healthy.

2 comments:

Becky ♥ said...

awww poor kiddos! I hope they get better soon and hopefully you dont get sick! thinking about you guys :)

Grandpa Larry said...

Is that you Blake in the middle of the bed? All we see is a face. Emily you don't really looks sick! But I bet you reallyare.