Friday, February 22, 2008

Zero Motivation

Seriously, I have been soooooo lazy the last 4 days I'm starting to laugh at myself. I have left the house, errr apartment, 8 times so far since Tuesday for a total of about an hour between dropping off and picking up the kids. Not such a big deal if I didn't have things to get done or have been busy inside. But I have hardly done anything aside from takle the ginormous pile of laundry that formed by being gone for 4 days. I was determined today to go after my to do list with a vengance. Weeeeeellllll, it's didn't really work out that way. With Sam gone I think the lack of someone to hold me accountable allows me to wear sweats and sit in front of the computer all day. So, in an effort to be held accountable I'm posting my to do list here and will up date the progress.

X1X. Pick up package from office. It came on Tuesday and it's from NASCAR. Since Sam's not here I haven't been in a big rush to go get it. Except last night the office called to remind me about it so I better go get it. CHECK

X2X. Pay rent while I'm there CHECK

X3X. Oh, and ask them why my gas bill has doubled, but there is never enough hot water to finish a shower and the hot water heater is the only gas appliance in here. CHECK, I guess our heat is gas too. That explains the bill.

4. Wash the Expedition. I've been driving it this week while Sam's gone and I didn't want her sitting all alone at the airport. I miss my girl, but the kids hate the cold/hot leather seats so I drive the Chevy so I don't have to hear them whine about another thing in the morning. Anyhew, after driving her to FL and back she needs a bath.

X5.X Fill the Expedition with gas - You see, there's this phenomenon that occurs where anytime Sam gets in the driver's seat of a vehicle I have been driving, and it's out of gas! Wild huh? Anyway, the car wash and the gas are a token of my respect for how busy he's been. CHECK

X6.X Look at houses - Waiting to hear back from the realtor. CHECK Struck out again. We just want something that's $100k more than we have to spend *sigh*

X7.X Make deposit - It's nice to not worry about depositing the paycheck the minute it arrives.

X8.X Do payroll - The pay period ends Sat and I need hours from the travel guys, but they won't be home until Sunday. CHECK

X9.X Mail mail - SENT SOME FROM FL, SENT BLAKE WITH SOME YESTERDAY, BUT HAVE ANOTHER BATCH CHECK!

X10.X Take clothes to Goodwill - I have 2 bags of clothes I cleaned out of Emily's closet about a month ago. The original intention was to give them to a neighbor girl, but we never see her anymore. I've been toting these bags around for nearly 6 weeks. How hard is it to drive up, toss out the bags, and drive away? LOL CHECK

11. Return candle holders - Not the right color, too shiny. Am I the only one who buys things, gets them home and decides they don't work? Sam thinks it's amusing how much I buy and end up returning.

12. Exchange Heeley's - Sorry mom. She got Blake some kickin' Heeley's for Christmas, but they need to be exchanged. Yes, I know Christmas was 2 months ago.

X13.X Take trash to dumpster - We pay for a service where some guys come by and pick it up at the door, but only Sun-Thur. Today is not a pick up day, but I've got a bag full. CHECK

X14.X Get film developed - I haven't used the film camera in forever, until Daytona Beach.

X15.X Clean out Chevy - There was luggage, bags, food, souveniers, trash and more in there when we got home Monday night. CHECK

X16.X Do laundry - Holy cow! There's a lot of laundry to do when 4 people are gone for 4 days. CHECK

X17.X Put laundry away - Sam pretty much just repacked his clothes once they were clean and the kids put away their own. I, however, have a 2'x4' pile on the closet floor that needs put away. CHECK

X18.X Shampoo carpet - The animals were alone inside for 2 days, 'nough said. CHECK

X19.X Clean toilets - Weekly thing. CHECK

20. Scrub tubs - another weekly thing

x21.x Clean countertops - Daily thing. CHECK, CHECK, CHECK, CHECK

X22.X Clean glass - Weekly thing, or more depending on the amount of toothpaste sprayed on the mirrors or the number of doggie nose-prints on the door

X23.X Vaccum - I washed Emily's down-alternative blanket and now there are fuzzies all over the place. CHECK, sort of. I think it's time for a new vac.

X24.X Dust - Yea, the two wooden tables we have. CHECK

25. Hang Emily's canopy - She says the cat pulled it down, suuuuuure.

26. Change light bulb in hallway - Uhhhh, did we bring a ladder?

27. Organize garage - I'm always getting things out of there and not putting them back in the right spot. Doh, Sam left the Chevy at the airport and the garage door opener is in it.

28. Organize pantry - Kinda goes like the garage

29. Update grocery cost list - Every week I go through the adds and record sale prices. This way I know not to spend $4.99 on chicken breasts. I loathe buying things that aren't on sale.

30. File coupons - I also clip coupons and organize them in a binder that I never seem to have with me when I'm at the grogery store.

X31.X Register for tennis - I've tried to get the kids to take tennis lessons for years. It's a big thing back here and when Emily saw a pink racket and balls at Target she finally agreed. CHECK

X32.X Check house listings - Every day.... CHECK

X33.X Contact Carolina Auto - Got a letter from the DOT saying the paper work for our registrations wasn't complete. CHECK They say they got it handled.

X34.X Download pictures - Got some good ones in FL. CHECK

X35X. Make slide show - Too many pictures to post one-by-one. CHECK

X36.X Update blog. CHECK, CHECK

37. Make master ToDo list - Things like Martha's monthly "gentle reminders".

38. Work on budget plan - I know what it should be, but how to stay on track is a whole nuther thing.

X39.X File reciepts - They constantly pile up. Maybe #39 should be cut up bank cards. CHECK It's so nice when the table is clean.

X40.X Plan Blake's Birthday - Can you believe he's going to be 11 in 3 weeks? CHECK Made reservations at NASCAR Speedpark!

X41.X Clean out litter box - Why I do this I'm not sure. It's Emily's cat. CHECK and Yuck!

X42.X Brush Boogity - You have to brush these dogs all the time CHECK

X43.X Bathe Boogity - Again, I don't know why I do this. Blake should do it or pay to have it done. CHECK He's soooo soft and fluffy now!

X44.X Watch CTS qualifying - Fri 3:30pm CANCELLED

X45.X Watch CTS race - Sat ? CHECK

X46.X Find out what time the CTS race is on, lol CHECK 12pm (ET)

WHEW! I have no business being on this computer. I'm going to go do #44 in front of the tv! =)

Additions

X47.X Email Mom some pictures CHECK

X48.X Call inlaws CHECK Yea mil's appointment went well!

X49.X Get some plants and planters CHECK Got a planter, violas and jasmine!

50. Plant plants

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love those pictures and stories that go with them. The kids are getting bigger since we saw them last