Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Current Object Of My Affection

Well okay, ONE of them, lol!



Sam's not a big fan of the house because it's not brick and doesn't have a front porch. I admit it's not perfect, but there aren't many opportunities in our price range to live 2 blocks from this:




This house is in a very nice neighborhood and feeds to an excellent school. It's about 2200 sq ft and has 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, a bonus room, living room and family room, a breakfast nook and a dining room and a sunroom off the back. The lots are wooded (this one is .31 acre), yet it's minutes to the freeway. It even has a view of the water! Home owners can purchase a boat slip at the neghborhood dock and there is a fenced storage area for boats/trailers. That building to the right is the pool house for the community pool that overlooks the lake!
*sigh* I love her....
I was hoping to get Sam over to look at it (he's only seen the pictures), but there wasn't time before he left and I doubt he'll have time before he goes to Cali. I guess if it's meant to be it will still be on the market in two weeks. Time will tell.

I've really got our house hunting area narrowed down so that's helping the search. I either want to be in northern Denver or Mooresville. Sam and I both really like brick (brick veneer front is what most actually are) and front porches. We need enough space to, at the least, be able to have a 3-wide driveway (can you belive Blake will have his own car in 5 years?!). This house had a contract on it the day after I looked at it. *Hmmph*



2500 sq ft 4br/2.5ba .56 acre


Most houses that fall into that category and within our price range are in eastern Mooresville, but still have good schools. Here are a couple:



That's a pond back there and makes me think, BUGS! 2600 sq ft 4br/2.5ba .37 acre




3000 sq ft 4br/2.5ba .20 acre


Those are farther from the lake (but closer to the race shop) and don't have community pools. I could live there and be happy (with our own pool and a cabana boy to take care of it, lol), but I'd be REALLY happy being able to walk to the lake!

Anyway, that's an update on house hunting. Hope you enjoy getting to see what we're looking at!

2 comments:

Becky ♥ said...

I love them all! I just love the houses back there. They are so much prettier than houses here and many of them have a little land so you dont feel like your on top of your neighbors. The driveways are longer, and everything seems bigger. Hopefully Sam will have a minute to check them out so you guys can get moved in soon. :)

Anonymous said...

I love all of them!!!!
I can't believe the houses there compared to here!!! Yakima Sucks!
Tell Sam I would take any of them. He can build a porch if it doesn't have one.
Roebuck's are living the dream!

Love Kerri