Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Whaaaasuuuup Wednesday!

So on Wednesdays I'll try to update on everything going on around here. Are you liking or hating the new format ideas?

On to business. I think I left out some things between the last weekend before school and Hanna. Let's see....

Did I mention that the school district issues laptops to all children 4th grade and higher? Yep, as part of their mission to educate children to be able to compete in a global market, all students get a laptop to use. We were required to purchase an all-inclusive insurance policy to cover any loss or damage, but it was only $50. Blake's school supply list included things like a 1GB flash drive instead of paper!

The kids are in school and adjusting well. They love riding the bus and didn't even want me to take them on the first day. =( We hadn't received a confirmation with a bus number or schedule, but at open house we were given a bus number and told just to watch for other kids going out (as far as time). Well, that bus never came so the kids got on another. Once at school they got their confirmation letters with yet another bus number on it. Emily protested at the office and got reassigned to the bus they rode in on, but Blake got on the one the letter listed. I was out on the porch to greet the kiddos after school, but only Emily got off. I sat out and waited another 10 minutes or so and decided to go look for him. It was raining pretty fierce that day and I feared that he got on a bus that took him to a different stop (there are 3 buses that come to this neighborhood just from the intermediate school). I drove and drove, and followed a couple buses so he could see me if he was on there, but no luck. By then I was starting to panic. I came home and called the school who said he must be on some bus because he wasn't there. AAAAAACCCCCKKKK! I was counting the minutes until Sam got off work so I could call him and pacing the floor. Finally, an hour after Emily was dropped off I heard a bus coming. There was my boy! That darn bus they assigned him to went to an entirely different part of town. Although he said he got nervous, he seemed like he held it together better than I did! I went to the school the next day and made sure they got him switched to the correct bus and everything has went fine since.

The bus stop is just kitty-corner from our house and it's very convenient. Sometimes I feel bad that the bus takes so much more time (45 minutes before and after school), but they have made several friends from the bus too, so it's a good thing.




We planted some flowers one weekend. It felt sooooo good to be together in our own yard.







Taking care of the animals has been a full time job lately. Since they day Timmy went outside while we were planting flowers he's been whining to go outside, sometimes all night long. I had a talk with the kids about how sometimes we have to do what's best for others and not just what we want. Timmy has always been an inside kitty and we are afraid he won't come back if let out alone. The kids both got hysterical and insisted he stay in. One evening he got out so Sam called for Emily to watch him. She immediately ran after him, which caused him to run and well, you get where this story is going I'm sure. Sam went over the fence to get him, but Timmy kept hissing, so we decided to give him some space and see if he'd come on his own. Nope, he disappeared down the hill. The brush is tall and it was getting dark, but Emily wouldn't stop crying so Sam put on some long pants and got a flashlight to go look for him. No luck though. Emily finally came to terms with the situation and went in to get ready for bed. After hugs and story time I went out on the deck to look for any movement in the brush but didn't see anything. I said a little prayer that Timmy always know how much we love him and went back inside. I went to the front door to make sure it was locked and noticed something out on the sidewalk. I opened the door and Timmy flew under the car. I sat down on the porch and told him it was okay to come home. He wandered over and scratched at the door, so we both went in. He doesn't want outside quite as much anymore, lol.

Boogity found a Slim Jim Emily lost and was more sick than I've ever seen a human or animal be for about 3 hours one weekend.

Gracie is a food monger too. It's a fiasco to get each of them fed without getting into one another's food. She also runs in the pantry every.stinkin.time someone opens the door.

What a pain they are. You wouldn't know it from these pictures though.




And finally, we painted the master bedroom!





I haven't decided what to do with the tray ceiling yet, but it will get some attention soon. Oye does this room need drapes.... I know, I know, a little at a time =)

3 comments:

Thompson Family said...

The bedroom is gorgeous!!! Love it, love it! So glad all the pets are home safe and sound. Even if they are pains they are still your pains right :-)

And how stinking cool is that about the computers! It sounds like everyone is adjusting well and your house is getting more fabulous by the minute.

We love you guys!!!

Becky ♥ said...

I LOVE the color that you painted the bedroom. So, so pretty! I bet it is so exciting to have your own house and you can do whatever you want with it :)

Also, I wanted to tell you that I love your new formats for each day and cant wait to participate in some of them. I will be posting my top 5 list of favorite things about fall, tomorrow. I was actually thinking of doing a post like that so I was excited to see that you asked others to share theirs :)

I love hearing about your daily life and things that go on with the kids and Sam. You do a wonderful job with this blog! ♥

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the whole house when its done.I like the start you 've got going so far.We are just a week or so from closing on our home and time just seems to go to slow.Mom had her 85th birthday Sunday the 14th. We went to Joe and Susans home after we were at Moms place. Keep in touch and say HI to everyone

Love you Dad