Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Top Five Tuesday

Today's topic: Cleaning Supplies

I know, not a very exciting list, but since housekeeping represents a good 35% of my time it's an appropriate list. Funny thing is, when I started writing it, I had trouble limiting it to 5, lol. I decided to limit it to store-bought cleaners, and it was still a difficult choice, but I narrowed it down.

1. Mr Clean Magic Eraser


The name says it all Magic.Eraser. What more could you want from a cleaner? These are awesome for removing marks from walls, floors, counters, etc. One of my favorite uses for them is when detailing my car. You know the plastic part on the floor where you open the door? It's all bumpy and nearly impossible to get clean in the crevices. Mission made possible, and easy, with one of these sponges!

2. Clorox Wipes


I use these multiple times daily and they have certainly made my house cleaner and healthier. Forget about sponges and washcloths that grow bacteria and get all nasty. I use these wipes to clean counters, doorknobs, phones, remotes, light switches, keyboards, railings, toilets and more. They are great to wipe out the microwave, sink, dishwasher, refrigerator, washing machine, etc. I know I could probably make a much cheaper cleaner myself, but it feels easier to grab and wipe, rather than grab the cleaner, grab the towels, spray, wipe.... you get the picture.

3. Windex


Okay, I'm going to make an exception to the spray and wipe process for this because I haven't found the wipes to be as effective. I use Windex on every glass and shiny surface. I love how it removes the mess as well as any film or streaks left behind be other wiping. I've also been known to use it on the carpet because it contains ammonia.

4. Scotch Brite Toilet Scrubbers


Who in the heck still uses a plastic brush? OMG, you have to get these! Not only do they do an incredible job cleaning the toilet bowl, they are much more sanitary. Grab the wand, stick on a scrubber, run around the bowl, let drip a little, dispose scrubber, wipe wand with a Clorox wipe, DONE!

5. BAM - Kitchen

I discovered this when getting the old house ready to sell. The oven stove drip pans had developed baked on crust that I was having a heck of a time getting off. BAM = Miracle worker! Spray on, let sit, wipe off. For stubborn crust you may have to scrub, but I promise this stuff makes the job much easier.
*Note* It appears they aren't making my favorite version any more. It's the one with a green top. If you find it anywhere, snatch it up!

I'm not one who loves millions of different cleaning supplies in the cupboards, but I urge you to pick these up on your next trip to the store and give them a try. They're worth it 'cause I am one who likes cleaning to be an easy job! =)

No comments: