Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Whaaaaasuuuuuuup Wednesday

It's been a beautiful week here in NC. Highs in the upper 70's, lows in the upper 50's. It's chilly in the morning.

Fall color season begins today! I can't begin to describe how beautiful it gets here. These pictures are great examples though. It will look like this in a month or so.



I can't wait to see what happens with all the trees behind us!

I'm dying to do some fall decorating, but other than wall hangings, there is not much I could do. We don't have any tables or places to set knick-knacks, lol! I'm also in a crafty mood, but have zero time. I totally need to re-learn time management skills. When I get some things up, I'll be sure to share pics.

Work at Kohl's has been good. I've learned how to run the cash register for times when they need backup. I have one more day there before I move to the softlines area (clothing). It's kind of a pain to work out a schedule that fits my family, so I'm not sure how this job will shake down. I'll see. I do enjoy it there and the benefits are nice. I mailed out a couple coupons for this weekend's sale. Hope they arrive on time.

I also started another job this week. A friend of ours has a business and needs some admin help, so I'm going to try that part-time also. I'm catching up with you Tonya!

Emily has joined the school choir and has her first rehearsal this week. While she's there I'll be doing some volunteer work to get ready for Technology Night at the school. That's where parents can learn to use the laptop their kids received. I might go check it out just because it's a Mac Book and I haven't used an Apple computer since I was in school. I'm thinkin' alot has changed, lol!

Sam's still busy with work. Their best truck was wrecked in Vegas, so that's a bummer. Amazingly enough, they didn't lose any points positions so they are still hanging on to the number 8 spot. Our friends Jeff and Shelby went to Vegas, but I hear Sam was to worn out to hang with them after the race. Poor guy has been fighting a cold too. Sam got some pictures from a photographer. He realized that the kids might enjoy having them some day. Here are a couple from New Hampshire.



According to jayski.com Mr Harvick announced that he hopes to have Ricky Charmichael run a limited schedule in a third KHI truck next year. Rick Ren is already pulling double duty as the 33 Craftsman truck and 33 Nationwide Crew Chief. It will be interesting to see what unfolds.

We've heard from lots of friends and family lately. Keep it coming! It's nice to be able to stay in touch. Hope all our loved ones had a great week, and an even better one to come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK...need some more info on who are in the photos with Sam @ New Hampshire?

Heather said...

The guy standing on the other side of the truck in the top one is another KHI employee. A guy they call Yaz I believe.
The guy Sam's talking to in the bottom one is Junior Joiner. He builds shocks out of his shop in California (also consults for alot of teams including Thor and Ballew - truck teams).