Monday, September 15, 2008

Menu Monday

Like I mentioned last week, my menus are just a guide and sometimes things will get rolled over to the next week. I think you'll see that twice here.

Mon - Spaghetti & Meatballs, Garlic Bread, Green Salad
Tue - Alice Springs Chicken, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Steamed Broccoli
Wed - Chicken Enchiladas, Refried Beans, Spanish Rice
Thu - Pork Tenderlion, Baby Red Potatoes, Grilled Asparagus
Fri - Shrimp Scampi, Linguine, Green Salad
Sat - Grilled Cheese, Tomato Soup
Sun - Meatloaf, Baked Potato, Sugared Carrots

I posted the recipe for Alice Springs Chicken in the comments section last week when a friend asked about it. Since it rolled over, I'll post it here now in case you missed it. This is one of my favorite meals at Outback. I was jazzed when I figured out to make it at home!



Take your chicken breasts and marinate them honey mustard dressing overnight. You can also make the marinade using dijon mustard, honey and lemon juice, but I'm all about shortcuts! Set aside some sauce for later too. While you grill the chicken, fry up some bacon, sliced some colby-jack cheese, and cut up some mushrooms (or used the sliced canned ones). When the chicken is done top it with sauce, bacon, mushrooms and cheese. Warm just long enough to let the cheese melt. That's it! You can also fry it in a skillet with oil to sear it, top it, and then bake it covered with foil for 7-10 minutes if you don't want to grill it.

Enjoy!

No comments: