Friday, March 7, 2008

Maybe??????



So, like all the others, this house is not perfect, but it's the closest we've come. It's full brick on a flat .35 acre. It has 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, and a bonus room. The neighborhood is small (by standards out here) and very nice. The area has lots of trees and a pond they stock for fishing. Most the homes are 10-15 years old, but this one is new construction. We wish it were bigger, but at 2221 sq ft, it's still nearly 1000 sq ft larger than we had before! Right now we're waiting to find out if there are any building/addition restrictions. If we can add on, we may make an offer on this one.

I am ready for a house, so if this one doesn't work out, we'll probably settle for something. I have a few other places in mind =)

I dug out the St Joseph figure I used when we sold our house in Yakima. You are supposed to display it in your new home, but since I haven't considered this apartment a home, he's been left in a box. I know they are marketed to sell houses, but since he is the saint of home and family, I didn't think it would hurt to say a prayer to help us buy a house. Some folks (including my husband) thought I was nutso when I told them about St Joseph, but I had faith. I buried him in the front yard without telling anyone but the kids, prayed every day, and we closed a full-price sale in less than 6 weeks in a struggling market! So now St Joseph is sitting on top of our tv and reminding me to pray (not just for a house of course). Even if that is all it does, it's still a good thing. I tell ya though, if we get this house, I might find a life-size statue to display!

No comments: