Friday, March 7, 2008

Job Update

Sam's still working at WRE. Things have slowed down tremendously. He's down to 2 other guys in the shop and they are looking for jobs elsewhere. We got good news that 2 of the guys Sam had to let go already have other jobs in the racing field. That's great to hear!
Sam is pretty torn on what to do at this point. They (the Lynch's) still want to run the GN car in Phoenix, so that's job security for at least a month. No word has been said about selling trucks or equipment, so that's hope. Sam is trying his hardest to protect both the team and his reputation.
He is mortified at the thought of having to go search for a job. I think that's one of the things that kept him from moving here a long time ago, and I can't blame him. When I think about having to do the same, it frightens me too. It really makes you face your education and qualifications (or lack of), and really your whole life. For a couple people who are not big on self-esteem, it's actually quite depressing. BUT...
We shall be strong, and we shall perservere! My mom asked me back when I first gave her the news of our move, "what if it doesn't work out?". My immediate reponse was, "That's not an option. We are going to make it work.". I stand by that whole-heartedly. As tough as moments get, I know without a doubt that this move was meant to be for us. We will get through this darkness to where the light will shine even brighter for us! I must stand back and re-look the big picture. Our main goal was to give our children a better quality of life and raise them in a place with abundent opportunities. That hasn't changed, and that place is definately here. Hope abounds!

3 comments:

. said...

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Becky ♥ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky ♥ said...

Keep your chin up (all of you!) It will get better. Sam is so talented and any team would be lucky to have him in their camp. Sam is also lucky to have such a strong and supportive wife behind him. You guys continue to inspire me and just remember even though there is ups and downs, your continuing to live your dream, and that's whats important! Love you all ♥