Saturday, March 8, 2008

Here vs There

Since we've been here in NC, I've noticed a few differences I thought it would be fun to share.


1. The buses are Freightliners with the engines up front as opposed to the rear engines of the Bluebird buses in Yakima.














2. Wild animals run all over. Deer, squirels, opposum, turkey; be ready!















3. You can buy racing fuel at the mini mart!














4. Cement trucks look like they are going backwards.














5. Cemetaries are next to churches. I didn't want to be disrespectful, so no picture. Although not all churches have a cemetary, I have yet to see a cemetary that is just a cemetary.

6. Speed limits are typicaly 45mph and you better be up to speed within 5 seconds! I have never seen a sign lower that 35. Well, aside from in our neighborhood where it is 17. Ya, not 20 or 15, 17.

I'm sure there are many more, but these are a few visual observations that have stuck in my head. I'll stay on the look out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like all the pictures and you eally do have alot of sunshine there!

I think someone has a birthday coming up pretty soon!(Blake) We will call you before than,OK?

Grandpa Larry