Sunday, March 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Blake!


My little man is 11 years old. How time flies!

We had planned a party at Blake's favorite place, NASCAR Speedpark. He invited 10 friends to join him for go-karting, rock climbing, laser tag, mini golf, and arcade games. A couple days before, Blake asked if one of his friends in the neighborhood could spend the night Friday before the party and we said sure.

Friday I took cookies to school for Blake to share with his friends at lunch. While I was there, another boy mentioned a sleepover. I told him I didn't know what he was talking about! Blake explained that the other boy probably wasn't going to come and we had already said he could have someone over, he thought it would be okay to invite someone different. Okay, I can deal with that. After leaving the school I stopped at the store to pick up some soda and snacks, just in case both boys ended up coming over. After school, I started getting phone calls from other boys Blake had invited over! We ended up with 2 more before the night was over. Little stinker! I was just happy he had friends he wanted to come over!






Sam went and got some pizza and a couple movies. The boys stayed up ALL NIGHT playing video games. Not a wink of sleep was had by those little monsters! In the morning I put out some doughnuts, Eggos, Pop Tarts and fruit. Everyone got dressed, and at 10:30 we headed out.








We picked up another boy and his sister. Two more boys met us at the Speedpark. There was rain predicted, so I told them to head straight outside before it started and things got shut down. I don't think anyone got more than one ride in before it started pouring. We went back in and played until 12 when pizza and soda was served. They got back to playing and before to long it was dry enough outside to start running the go-karts again. They played outstide for over an hour before the rain started again. I had told the parents we'd be done around 2, but now it was already after 3! We agreed to let the kids play laser tag one more time and while Sam and I waited Thunderstorm and tornado watches and warnings started being issued on the tv! Here we were in the mall with 5 other children just 15 miles away from 127mph winds. Acck! We started to panic a little because it was showing 90mph winds around our town. The rain was pouring and there was some fierce lightening, but we got the kids out and made it home. Here's what Blake looked like when I was parked outside our apartment.
















Within about an hour it was all over and there was no sign of damage anywhere near here. Blake stayed up until almost 8pm when he fell asleep while palying his Nintendo DS. I think he had a great time!

2 comments:

Becky ♥ said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLAKE!

Looks like you guys had a great time!

Anonymous said...

Blake you looked like you over did the whole day and had a awesome time with your friends. Hope I can meet them someday.

Grandpa Larry