Friday, October 10, 2008

Weekly Update

Hi all! Sorry for the delay again. I try to get a post in before I go to work in the mornings, but the weekly updates take more time than most are are tough to get done.

From my last post you already know we had horrible news this week. Our friend Connie had been diagnosed with cancer last summer. She under went numerous treatments and fought hard, but it became too much for her body. My heart aches from the loss of such a wonderful person. I think Sam is struggling with not being able to be there for Don. I hope he knows our love and thoughts are with him.

I'm sure most of you have heard already that KHI released driver Jack Sprague on Monday. Jack will be finishing the season back in the Wyler #60 truck. Kevin Harvick will be driving the truck in Martinsville and Phoenix with another driver, I'm not sure if I should mention yet, filling in for the rest. Hopefully the guys will have a chance to prove what great equipment they have been preparing week after week with top-notch drivers in the seat. Tuesday they flew to Chicago to do some testing. When the rain began to pour they decided they had accomplished what they needed to and flew back! They've been busy trying to get prepared for the final 5 races. This is Sam's last weekend off until the season is over. Tonight he is is down at Lowe's with the Nationwide team.

Work is keeping me busy. I have just enough time after work to have some lunch and maybe run an errand before the kids get home from school. Once they are here it's time to help with homework and then start dinner. I've been volunteering at the school when I can, and working at Kohl's a couple days. I found myself thinking today that I wish I didn't have to be a grown up with so many responsibilities. I haven't been doing a very good job lately. *sigh*

Last Sunday we and the neighbors went to a local farm for some fall festivities. We took a hayride, picked pumpkins, and enjoyed some apple cider. It was fun and I wondered how many more trips like that we'll have with the kids growing up. I got a few photos before the camera gave up, but I can't even download them. =( I know everyone looks forward to seeing pictures, but you'll have to bear with me for a while. We have alot of other things on our plate right now. Hopefully we can make a new camera a priority sometime in the near future.

One year ago we were enjoying a fabulous Caribbean vacation. Oh to be relaxing there again. I don't think I posted many, if any, pictures last year so here are a few:











Happy Anniversary Jason and Angie! Thank you for inviting us to spend your special day with you.

Hope everyone has a good week. Take care. We love you all!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

im your favorite reader here!

Anonymous said...

very nice! hahahahaha

Anonymous said...

its good to know about it? where did you get that information?

Anonymous said...

sure, why not!

Anonymous said...

i think you add more info about it.

Anonymous said...

ok. I found an information here that i want to look for.

Thompson Family said...

I think we need to plan another cruise...SOON :-) That was such a fabulous week and we had sooo much fun with you guys!!! It hardly seems possible it was 1 year ago.