Friday, October 3, 2008

TGIF

I had the entire day/night off, woo-hoo! I even stayed in my pjs until noon. =0 I got some laundry and dishes done, re-arranged our closet, and got out the Halloween decorations. I also went through a couple magazines and made a shopping list of ingredients for some fun Halloween foods. One year I tried to make a fun meal every day in October. I quickly realized it was more stress than it was worth. This year, like last, I'll do one a week.

This afternoon I volunteered to help Blake's class tie dye tee shirts. It's always fun for me to meet his classmates and get to know them. Blake could hardly wait to introduce me to all his friends. He really seems to enjoy the school. When we got home he gave me a big hug and thanked me for going. It warmed my heart that he hasn't grown past that yet and still enjoys me being around.

After school we worked on putting up some Halloween decor. Funny, my two bins of stuff didn't go far in this big ole house! I add a little to my holiday decor every year though, so some day I'll have it all decked out. Both kids are really into making things spooky this year, so that's fun. I know I promised pictures, but I'll have to add them in later since it got dark on me so quickly tonight.

This evening Blake and Emma (as she told her teacher she wants to be called) have the neighbor kids here to sleepover. It is so nice having a brother and sister the same age so close. Not to mention, they are great kids and a pleasure to have here.

As for the rest of the week, there hasn't been too much exciting going on. I think I mentioned that Emily joined the school chorus. This week she also joined girl scouts.

Sam and I both have been busy with work, but not much else. We enjoyed last Saturday together by being lazy most of the day. That evening we went out to dinner at Red Rocks with friends Jeremy and Jannell (Niessner) Toriano. Afterward we strolled around Birkdale and finished off with a nightcap from Coldstone. Sunday I had to work, but after cleaning up the house, Sam took the kids fishing. Emily got discouraged after loosing 3 hooks to being tangled up, but it sounded like overall they had a great day.

It's been a little crazy here between the gas shortage and the Wachovia sale. I hope the gas situation is straightened out early this week. It's going to get crazy with all the people here for the race next weekend. *scared*

I've been watching all the political happenings too. I have yet to figure out how the senate passed the new bailout bill with even more pork in it than the first one, arrrgggg. My sister-in-law sent me a link to a Youtube video where a guy claims that the bill (well at least the first one) had no stipulation stating that the money was for US assistance. He says the money is going to end up being used to pay off foreign debt, oye! Can you believe that nonsense? And most Americans have no clue what the government is pulling on us.

On a better note, I really enjoyed the VP debate, well except when Mr Bidden began to cry. That was more than a little uncomfortable to see. I sure hope it wasn't planned, but for some reason I have suspicions.

I guess I better get off my soapbox and sign off for now. I hope you all have had a good week. (((HUGS)))

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I know what happened to my Queensryche CD Larry

Anonymous said...

Hi their everyone,yes TGIF. This has been a long stressful week. I'll call you today as we have something to share with you guys.You may have someone from out here stop by your way!!

Talk to you LATER
Dad Larry

Heather said...

Ha- listening to that song for the past week has made me want to go dig out the cd, lol.

Dad- We got messages from Bob this week. Sam was going to call him back, but he didn't leave his number and it didn't show up on the cell phone. He'll be too busy today to chat. Bob said they'll being headng this way next. We'd love to have them over. We can chat about it more when you call.

Becky ♥ said...

I love reading posts like this. Sounds like life is sweet and you are all enjoying eachother! I love your idea about making one Halloween meal a week, I might just try that :)