Thursday, October 16, 2008

Top Five

Since my camera broke down, I've been doing a little research on newer models. I really like the Canon I have and since I'm so comfortable using it, I'm hesitant to switch brand. Although, our film SLR is a Nikon, and I'd love it if it were digital (never thought I'd say that). A D80 would toot my horn, but I really don't know how to use many manual features (I can't imagine using a D300 or D3!). Besides, what I need is a small point & shoot that is easy to carry around. I loathe lugging the big one even though it yields extraordinary photos. From the info I've gathered so far, here is my top 5 list of cameras:

1. Nikon D80

2. Canon G9

3. Canon SX110is

4. Canon A650

5. Canon SD790is

4 comments:

Becky ♥ said...

Hi Heather! Canon is a great brand! I have the Canon PowerShot SX100 IS
It is a GREAT camera. It's not too small, but not too big. It was reasonably priced for the quality that it has..just wanted to let you know so you could check it out. Good luck in your selection! Camera's are a very important part of life :)

Heather said...

Thanks Becky! The SX110is is the newer model of the SX100is, great minds think alike. =) Do you mind not having an optical viewfinder? That's my biggest hangup with this camera.

The Clark Family said...

Heather
I have the Cannon g9 on your option #2 love it love it the zoom is wonderful, and its hard to find a camera that takes good pictures of the kids indoors under the floresent lights playing sports and works great at night! Love it so that would be a great choice! Cause kids are only kids once so a good camera is always a++++~ Hope all is well miss you guys

Heather said...

Thanks Steph. Since the G10 came out, Best Buy has the G9 on sale for $299! I was concerned about it being too big, but it's about the same size as the one I have. The pocket ones are really cool, but for the same price, I think I'll lean toward function over coolness. The fact that it shoots in RAW is huge, well it would be if I knew more about Photo Shop. =) Decisions, decisions.....