Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sorry For Being A Slacker

Things have been kinda busy here I guess. During the week school and work takes up most of our time. All of which are going well.

Saturday before last we had been invited to the Hornaday's Halloween party, but getting Sam to dress up in a costume was out of the question, lol! We did go to a party at the home of our friend Dan Deeringhoff(from Walla Walla). Our other friend Doug Lusk (from Yakima/Tri-Cities) built an incredible grill that he towed over to roast a pig. There was a musician from a Lake Norman piano bar there for entertainment and the sprint cup race was playing on the projector outside. It was really good to see our WA buddies. I think we only saw the Craig's once this summer and haven't seen Damon and Robin Lusk since the weekend we moved into the house. Good times!

Sunday afternoon we took Blake to get a haircut and then the kids picked out their Halloween costumes.

Last Thursday Emily had Girls Scouts. I was able to take her and it seems like a nice group of girls and parents. Their leader surprised them with pumpkins to decorate. Good thing, because the one Emily picked at the pumpkin patch already went rotten. With a replacement, it was a little less emotional.

Last weekend Sam's hope for a win went down the tubes when the truck ran out of gas on the last lap. He tells me the Toyota's get better gas mileage and they hadn't been in their fuel window yet when Benson came in, but they had to come with him. Had their been more cautions (like the 18 in the spring race) they would have been okay. Just wasn't in the cards.

Sunday afternoon Sam took the kids and met up with our good friend's The Craigs at the Renaissance Festival. I posted pictures from last year when I took them. It's like you wander in to the Sherwood Forrest. Sam said they had a great time. This year Blake did the bungee-trampoline thing and loved it.

Tuesday night Emily's chorus performed at the PTO meeting (which are big events here). I had to work, but Sam was able to get her there and watch. Monday she said she was a little nervous because it had been so long since she performed in front of people. When I got home from work I found her in my bed though. Apparently she was wound up and couldn't get to sleep. Silly girl.

I'm glad Sam has been able to spend quality time with the kids lately. It helps ease the guilt I have over taking them so many places while he's been at work. ;)

Tonight he is down in Atlanta getting things all set for Ryan Newman who will be driving the #2 truck the next couple weeks. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, but I hope it holds out or clears enough that they get some good practice in.

I'm busy getting things together for Emily's sleepover next week. School is out the 30th & 31st, so she gets to have her party on her actual birthday.

I think that's about all the excitement we've had around here. I'm going to sign off and tend to my owies (got about a dozen fire ant stings while running the weed whacker behind the back fence a couple weeks ago, nasty buggers).

Tune in to cheer KHI on Saturday afternoon. Good luck to Jeff Barkshire in the last West race of the year too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi eveyone, sounds like your all very busy. We really enjoy all the news.Seems your alot busier this year than last. we are fine and almost all settled in our new home.we really love it and are having some family and friends over next weekend.I'm going to sign up for direct TV so I can watch the truck series next year. I am sooo happy for you guys and how you have followed your dreams.Tell Emily to watch for an email on the 28th or 29th. Blake sounds like he is growing up quit fast and tell them we love them both.I'm off work this coming week again so I'll call you next week.
Love you Dad

The Clark Family said...

Whoo Hooo way to go Sam!! Heather tell him we all said CONGRATS!! all that hard work finally paid off! All of his Nw buddies back home are proud of him!! Tell the kids we all said hi!!