Tuesday, June 10, 2008

School's Out For Summer!












Wow, I can hardly believe the kids have finished up an entire year of school since we've been here. Time goes faster every day it seems. Both the kids adjusted and did well. The principal gave a speech on always working hard and never giving up, followed by a speech from a former Olympic gymnast. There was a slide show played to "My Wish" by Rascal Flats that had me struggling to hold back my tears and then each child was called to walk across the stage and receive their certificate. After there was cake and lemonade for all. Sorry about the bad photos. I have yet to figure out how to take a decent picture in a school gym :p Blake and I left and did a little shopping and then went to Gibb's race shop to check it out. We had a nice afternoon together, just the two of us.

Speaking of "just the two of us", Sam and I enjoyed some time together Sat when the kids stayed over at the neighbor's. We took a nice drive (suprise huh) and had dinner together. I was not up to going out, which is a bummer 'cause I've really been wanting to go to Whisky River (Jr's bar uptown). It was nice to just be together without any arguing in the background!

Sunday we went to the lake with the Craig family, Lusk family, and about 10 others. Everyone had their boats/jetskis anchored and we floated on noodles all afternoon. It was a much needed fun afternoon.

We are on our last day of this heatwave. It's been in the upper 90's for over a week. I'm looking forward to the 80's of the week to come. I saw Washington is getting some snow today. I sure wouldn't trade ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Blake and Emily, you made it through your first full year. Now enjoy the summer time off and have alot of fun.
Glad you and Sam had some time together for a change, sounds like you need to do that more often if at all possible. Sam have a happy Fathers Day. Blake thank you for the picture and Fathers day card
LOVE you all Grandpa Larry