Monday, July 21, 2008

Our New Home

I've had a secret that has been occupying alot of my time. I've been hesitant to share it, why I don't really know. Well, today I'm putting it out there. We're under contract, and scheduled to close on this house next week! Yes, after nearly a year, we are finally getting our own place!

It's new construction in a community that was started about 5 years ago and has about 60 lots remaining. It's located in Mooresville, NC and is 15-20 min NE of where we are now. The schools are excellent and the kids will have lots of other children to play, swim, fish, ride bikes, etc with. We had been looking for a place with more land, but I am pleased to be in a place that's well lit, and will feel comfortable when Sam is gone. There is even a "NASCAR wives club".

The house has 2900 finished sq ft with a 2 car garage and a 1300 sq ft unfinished basement. There are 4 bedrooms and 3 full bathrooms, formal and casual living and dining areas, and a loft that overlooks the main floor. We are on the perimeter, so there is nothing behind us, but a beautiful view of Earnhard'ts property.



The home is huge and will take a long time to paint, decorate, and furnish, but I think we are going to enjoy the heck out of it.

So there you have it. I've been busy with paperwork and details, shopping, packing and planning. I hope you forgive my lack of posts for the past month, there was a good reason! Now that I've put it out there, keep us in our thoughts that everything else goes smoothly and we get moved in soon. =)

4 comments:

Thompson Family said...

I love it!!!! I'm soooo happy for you guys. This is gorgeous and you will be so happy there. Love and miss you all!!!

Becky ♥ said...

Congrats! This is sooo awesome! The house is beautiful! (I love the way houses look back there) You are going to have so much fun making this a home and adding your touch to it. Have fun and keep us updated on how things are going with it :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new house! It's beautiful. Remember to include me for the housewarming party...LOL!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!!
We are so happy for you guys! The house is beautiful and BIG! I am sure that you will have a great time decorating!

Love
Suttons