Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Back To One Vehicle

Saturday afternoon after Blake's baseball practice, we headed out to the shop to say hi and check out the car. Blake was quickly put to work and Emily was quickly bored, lol! She and I had a little shopping to do so we went in to Mooresville. The Walmart parking lot was CRAZY packed so we bypassed that and went to rent a movie. From there we were going to hit the Target back towards home. While sitting at the intersection though, my Expedition started shaking. I could smell fuel too, but there was a gas station nearby so I attributed the smell to that. Once the light changed and we got going the shaking seem to ease a little, but at the next one I could tell something was really wrong. While trying to switch to the outside lane in order to get of the road I called Sam. I limped my girl into Hardee's and shut her off. Emily and I decided to go inside to have a snack and wait. When Sam got there he tried to start the car, but only to hear a "clunk". She wouldn't even start now! He looked around at it for awhile and a nice kid stopped to see if we needed help. Near as either could figure it was going to require more work than we wanted to do in the parking lot. Soooooo, Sam called up his friendly neighborhood tow truck (he transports the race stuff around sometimes).

















Back at the shop, Sam put her on the lift and did some more trouble shooting. He was pretty sure the starter had broke, so they took it back to town where a guy confirmed it and sold them a new one. Sam got the new one put in, but my girl still wouldn't start. Frustrated and sure the engine was toast we went home.

Good news is after sitting a couple nights, on Monday morning she fired up! Sam says it's still shaking and spitting fuel out of the exhaust, but it looks better than at first. Next Monday he and another guy are going to check it out a bit more before taking it in to a repair shop.

I've got the Trailblazer this week while Sam's gone, but it's going to be back to hooffin' it for me once he gets home and until the Expedition is fixed. Oh, and the warranty on the Expedition expired 4,000 miles ago. Got to love it.

No comments: